Collection of Information
- When you access to or use our Websites, UBT collects and maintains certain personally identifiable information (such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, etc.) you provide.
- We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver the highest quality of products and services to customers. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our Websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our Websites, products, and Services are of most interest to you.
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, participating in a survey, registering an account with us, or purchasing or using a product or service.
- When you interact with UBT, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your payment information; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use the Services—to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We may use personal information to provide products and Services that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve our products.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base. UBT will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
- In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Websites. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
- We use web beacons to tell us what parts of our Website customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our site. Web beacons also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read. And they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we’re sending only messages that are of interest to our customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a customer. We store all of the information in a secure database located in the United States.
When UBT Discloses Your Information
- UBT takes your privacy very seriously. UBT does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
- UBT may choose to buy or sell assets or companies, or merge with or into other companies. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if UBT (or its assets) are acquired, or if UBT goes out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, the personal information about you would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- There are also times when it may be advantageous for UBT to make certain personal information about you available to companies that UBT has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for UBT to provide products and Services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, design products and/or Services, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and Services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. In such situation, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for any unauthorized purposes and are also obligated to protect your information in accordance with UBT’s policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to purchase and/or use products or Services, have products delivered to you, receive customer service, provide us feedback to improve our products and Services, or access certain Services, offers, and content on our Websites.
- UBT may take the personal information we receive from your responding to our customer surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other customers we may have, to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). UBT then uses the aggregated information to improve the quality of its Services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including credit agencies, collection agencies, merchant database agencies, law enforcement, litigation or to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Child Online Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information. We may also disclose personal information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our contracts, policies and procedures. Finally, we may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
Publicly Displayed Information is Public
- If you use a bulletin board or chat room on our Websites you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. UBT is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously nonpublic, available by enabling certain user features, UBT will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
Privacy of Children
How UBT Protects Your Personal Information?
- UBT takes precautions—including administrative, technical, and physical measures—to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Although UBT takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your private information, it cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and UBT makes no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information.
- We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us.
- If you register an account on our Websites, you may change any of your account information by editing it in your account page. You may request deletion of your account information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
- Our Websites may have links to the sites of other companies. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Legal effect and changes to the policy